2 DAYS: Farmer-to-Farmer Marketing Intensive
Registration is first-come, first-served, with priority given to farmers. If more than one individual from your farm is registering, please register separately. SPACE IS LIMITED.
Registration is set up so you can attend a single day of the intensive or both days (see links to the single day registration pages at the bottom).
- $45 for one day (includes one day of training and one meal)
- $90 for both days (includes training, meals, and lodging)
The following meals will be provided at no cost during the intensive:
- Lunch will be served on Tuesday for all registrants, an optional dinner will be provided for those registered for both days.
- Breakfast will be served on Wednesday with an optional lunch.
- Snacks and refreshments will be provided throughout the duration of the intensive.
There are a limited number of bunk beds available at no cost for FARMERS registering for BOTH days. These rooms will be filled based on a first-come, first-served basis. If lodging reaches capacity, camping options may be available.
Day 1 (Tuesday): Build your Profitable Farm with Charlotte Smith
Marketing efforts falling flat? Are you struggling to find customers willing to pay your high prices? Over the last 10+ years, marketing has changed tremendously. Some good and some bad. But fortunately, there are a few tactics and strategies that Charlotte teaches that will never go out of style.
During this full-day workshop, Charlotte Smith of 3 Cow Marketing gets hands-on and shows you the strategies and tactics she has used to start and grow into a profitable farm. She’ll show you what is working and what is not in today’s modern marketing world.
During the workshop, you will learn:
You’ll walk away knowing how to create a 12- month plan that provides the foundation you need to start and grow a profitable farm. It doesn’t matter what you sell or if you’re just starting out. This plan and these steps are proven to work.
- How to identify ideal customers willing to pay your prices and value what you sell
- How to uncover the problem you solve for customers
- How to communicate a solution to your customer’s problems
- How to create content that your customers are asking for
Charlotte has built a profitable farm using these strategies and now teaches other farmers how to do the same.
Day 2 (Wednesday): Farmer-to-Farmer Breakout Sessions
Learn from other farmers and individuals working within the sustainable agriculture field about modern day marketing practices you can use on your farm.
- Presenter: Justin Duell, owner and operator of The G Farm in Larsen, Wisconsin.
- Farm Stands/Stores
- Presenter: Cliff McConville, owner and operator of All Grass Farms in Dundee, Illinois.
- Farmers’ Markets
- Presenters: Delicia Brown, co-owner and operator of Broadview Farm and Gardens in Marengo, Illinois and Keith Anderson from the Woodstock Farmers Market. Delicia and Tim Brown of Broadview Farm and Gardens are Stateline Farm Beginnings graduates, launching their farm five years ago. They sell their products through CSA, wholesale, and at four farmers markets (2 Rockford, Elgin, and Woodstock). The Woodstock Farmers Market is a Producer Only market and was voted the #1 farmers market in the state of Illinois in 2012 in the American Farmland Trust (No Farms. No Food. No Future.) annual contest.
- Presenter: Jen Miller of Prairie Wind Family Farms in Grayslake, Illinois. Jen and Jeff Miller have been offering CSA farm shares for over ten years. PWFF focuses on growing certified organic vegetables, raising hens in pasture for eggs and partnering with long-time farm partners to provide fresh fruit and other high-quality farm products.
- Buyers Clubs/Drop Sites
REGISTER BELOW to attend the both days of the marketing intensive (Tuesday AND Wednesday)
- Wholesale/Food Hubs
- Presenters: Cliff McConville, owner and operator of All Grass Farms and Irv Cernauskas, President of Chicago food-hub Irv and Shelly's Fresh Picks. Cliff and Irv work together as members of the Fresh Picks Farmer Alliance. FPFA is a network of farm-hubs in the Chicago foodshed which coordinates planning and shares resources to establish relationships with larger wholesale buyers.
- Presenters: Andy Hazzard, owner and operator of Hazzard Free Farm in Pecatonica, Illinois and Paul Sletten, Chef and President of Abreo, Social, and Taco Betty's of Rockford, Illinois. Andy and Paul have been working for together for 12 years! Learn how Andy markets her farm to restaurants and how Paul selects farms to source from.
Other Registration options for this event:
$45 Tuesday, Single Day Pass - Charlotte Smith, 3 Cow Marketing
CLICK HERE to register for day one only (Tuesday) of this 2 day workshop.
$45 Wednesday, Single Day Pass - Farmer-to-Farmer Breakout Sessions CLICK HERE to register for day two only (Wednesday) of this 2 day workshop.
Questions? Contact Shelbie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start:Tue, 10/29/2019 - 8:00 am
End: Wed, 10/30/2019 - 2:30 pm
Angelic Organics Lodge
1936 Rockton Rd. Caledonia, IL 61011
Step 1: Register Attendee